Friday, October 24, 2008

soft skills

Entering this technology class has eventually increased my soft skills as I learnt to communicate better with others. I learnt this skill (communication skill) through workgroup and also the presentation that be carried out during the lecture hour. Through group work, I have the chances to work with my friends that I have not work with before thus it is a good exposure to me in term of: I can learn communication skill from them-how they carry themselves in the group work- how they approach others when they want to ask or ask for any help. I observed this kind of attitude thus take any good communication skills that my friends have and I practiced it to myself. As a result, my communication skill improved. 

Besides that, I have also developed my critical thinking and the ability to solve problem directly and indirectly through assignments and the activities that be carried out during classes. As a future teacher, I need to have this crucial skill so that I can be a good quality teacher…

A part from that, this technology class has developed my leadership and the spirit of teamwork. From my point of view, our leadership skills are important in the school (when we become a teacher someday) and other situations. It can take years to become a great leader, but there are ways to improve our abilities. To me, we can improved our leadership by remain honest when speaking with our friends. There will be a higher level of respect for us if we do not try to lie and deceive our friends. Moreover, we should always give unbiased feedback and keep our personal feelings aside when it comes to feedback and responses in the group. Let say if we practiced this kind of attitudes, we will become a great leader. Erm, teamwork??? I can say that teamwork is very good because we can share lots of thing such as ideas, sharing notes (most common things I do!!!!) hehe. 

In addition, ethics and professional also developed through this course. Group work and assignment, even thought its two different things, had thought me on how to be professional in communicating with group members and processional in adjusting my time doing the assignment.

"It's never too soon or too late for learning". Each and every skill that I have learnt in this class are practical for me, as it functions as lifelong learning whereby I can use it in my future teaching. 

No comments:

Teacher adds a 3D virtual environment to her SMARTBoard